• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing space bar !

endeva

Aug 20, 2013
England
I have a android phone 4.1,when i come to use the internet on my phone,the on screen keyboard i normally use,the space bar has been replaced with a button that says [.com].first time its ever done that.tried for ages to fix it,in the end i rebooted my phone and its still on there.i KNOW you can use other app keyboards but i just want this one back.yet when i send a txt its normal!
weird problem i know
:(

You'll probably find that the spacebar hasn't gone, just shrunk, with the silly .com button taking up part of the space.

I find keyboards that do this very annoying. Changing layouts with context slows my typing far more than I'd gain from having a single button for a simple to type string. It's one of the most stupid features ever added to a soft keyboard IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones