• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing "Trusted Voice" option in Smart Lock

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my phone from Galaxy S9+ (Android 10) to Galaxy S21 (Android 11) and noticed a difference in the functionality of Smart Lock.

Previously I could unlock my phone with "OK Google" by turning the "Trusted Voice" option on in Lock Screen > Smart Lock.

The new Galaxy S21 (or Android 11) is missing the "Trusted Voice" option and when I try to make a call for example, using the OK Google while the phone is locked, I get a vocal message from google assistant saying: "Sure but first you need to unlock the phone".

I used PIN and Fingerprint as credential to unlock the phone in both the Galaxy S9+ and the Galaxy S21

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that and if there is a fix or a workaround?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones