Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darktaker, May 1, 2012.
I'm Curious if it possible to port Miui
I'm sure its possible probably just moving the apk and any files tied to the camera libs, xmls, sensors?.....
Sounds intersting, I'm a new guy all I've done is check out ROMs and don't have a clue in building, porting or anything in modding Roms. I Do hope someone else is as curious as me and give it a go.
Try moving miui's camera.apk to the system/app folder and setting its permissions to rw-r-r.
Maybe I should try it on the New alpha GB rom. That's the one ROM Im really looking forward to use.
If it works I'll add it to the next build as an extra ofcourse because I like 2.3.4's panorama feature
Will do but sorry to bug but can you guide me how I can move it exactly to from one ROM to the other .
1. If you have miui downloaded open the zip file with WinRAR (or 7zip)
2. Then go to system>app, move the camera.apk to your desktop
3. Move it to your SD card
4. Using ES File Explorer enable Root and Mount System in Es File Explorer's settings
5. Copy the camera.apk you put on your desktop to your SD card
6. Push the star button and push the phone icon it should to you to the phones root
7. Go to system>app and paste the camera.apk here
8. Press and hold the new file to bring up a menu and scroll down and select properties
9. You should be able to change permissions here.... change them to rw-r-r
10. Finally reboot and it should work
Other option would be to move it into the Rom you want it in before you flash it.....
PS. You might have to delete the old camera.apk before you copy over the new one most-likely not though.......
Is this what you are looking for?
That should be here in the all things root section labeled as a mod since it requires root / recovery....
Edit: maybe not the file doesn't exist anymore .....
I didn't check the download, sorry.
And I don't believe it required root or anything to use.
Maybe he can reupload? Either way now that I know it works I'll make it an extra for the 2.3.4 Rom
well that didnt work. tried it more than once but sadly didnt work maybe someone else can get it to work.
Ive added the MIUI Camera as an Extra for 2.3.4 Triumph it may work for other Roms i haven't tested but everything works it can be found here ---> 2.3.4 Triumph Extras
Whoa nice will try it out today .
Edit: ok tried it and it works great just one little thing and it will be perfect. While recording a video on the miui rom the camera would auto focus as well so wonder if there's a way to get it to work on the APK.