• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Fix For nTelos Rooted Heros

kujars

Mar 8, 2010
I have found the secret to getting the HTC Hero to send and recieve MMS on nTelos's network for all you impatient customers who have already rooted your nTelos Hero.

All you really need to do this is the android SDK you used to root your hero.

First start off by enabling usb debug mode by going to settings, applications, development, and checking USB Debugging

Edit: Then open a command prompt. I almost forgot that part.

Then we plug the phone into the pc.

Assuming your sdk is at "C:\android-sdk" without quotes.

cd C:\android-sdk\tools
adb shell
cd /data/data/com*telephony/databases
sqlite3 telephony.db
update carriers set mmsc='http://mms.ntelospcs.net/?X-MDN=YOUR11DIGITNUMBER' where name='Production';

Reboot and done! You should now have mms both directions. If you have a lot of issues with this process drop me a line at kujars@gmail.com with your 10 digit cell# and I will create an update.zip for you.

Confirmed working on Fresh Toast 2.1 Final

Reactions: huedawg
I have found the secret to getting the HTC Hero to send and recieve MMS on nTelos's network for all you impatient customers who have already rooted your nTelos Hero.

All you really need to do this is the android SDK you used to root your hero.

First start off by enabling usb debug mode by going to settings, applications, development, and checking USB Debugging

Edit: Then open a command prompt. I almost forgot that part.

Then we plug the phone into the pc.

Assuming your sdk is at "C:\android-sdk" without quotes.

cd C:\android-sdk\tools
adb shell
cd /data/data/com*telephony/databases
sqlite3 telephony.db
update carriers set mmsc='http://mms.ntelospcs.net/?X-MDN=YOUR11DIGITNUMBER' where name='Production';

Reboot and done! You should now have mms both directions. If you have a lot of issues with this process drop me a line at kujars@gmail.com with your 10 digit cell# and I will create an update.zip for you.
I can confirm this works ... Nice .... wonder how long before we get busted ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones