• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS Messages are being converted to emails!

CitrusDroid

Lurker
Jul 10, 2021
Okay, so here's the deal,

I just got out of the apple ecosystem after owning an iPhone 7 for almost five years. All of my family and friends use an iPhone (aside from my grandma, who is still using a flip phone and never owned a smart phone in her life :goofydroid:)

The problem is, I tried to do something as simple as sending my mother an image from google photos (using a link) and she didn't get the message. Later, she looked in her inbox and saw it. It was sent to her home email address from my AT&T MMS Mailbox (myphonenumber@mms.att.net)

Why is this happening?

Never had an iphoney before, maybe it's a setting on their end. Android for the longest time has always had issues with sending and receiving mms from crapple devices. If on your end the messaging app says it was sent, then it's had to be something on their end.

To verify this maybe try a different messaging app like Textra or Chomp and see if your mms texts will go thru or not.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Never had an iphoney before, maybe it's a setting on their end. Android for the longest time has always had issues with sending and receiving mms from crapple devices. If on your end the messaging app says it was sent, then it's had to be something on their end.

To verify this maybe try a different messaging app like Textra or Chomp and see if your mms texts will go thru or not.
Looks like I resolved the problem on my own. It seems as if when I transferred my messages from iPhone to Android, it created two different message logs for my moms email and phone number. I sent one to the phone number and it worked fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones