• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Picture Quality

redickulous

Lurker
Mar 12, 2011
Hey, everyone. I am new to the forums and new to Android as well (recent iPhone convert as of yesterday). I know people hate duplicate posts or similar questions, so I would like to apologize ahead of time if this has been answered. I did preform a search prior to posting, however, and couldn't find anything...

This may be complete Android ignorance on my part, but all images I send/receive through MMS have extremely poor quality. I had a friend text me a few pictures from her iPhone, and the pictures look awful once received! Thinking that maybe it was just the iPhone's problem, I let it slide. However, a friend of mine just sent me a picture from his MyTouch 4G, and again, the image is really pixelated. In the settings I have the MMS setting at the highest (I think 1000k or something)... is there something I'm overlooking?

I have a MyTouch 4G btw.
Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones