1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Mobile data button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bduemig, Sep 12, 2011.

1. bduemig

bduemig Newbie
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    This may be a question as a general android question, but it is for my Commando so I will ask it here. I have installed Juice Defenders Mobile Data widget to my home screen to easily turn it off to save battery life. I have loaded others but they usually say that 2.2 will not allow secondary apps to turn data on and off. That warning does not come up with Juice Defender's widget.

When I press the button, it seems to do what it is supposed to do. But when I go to the Networks data in the settings, the Mobile data selection is still checked when Juice Degfender shows it on or off.

Here is my question: Is this button just giving me a false reading of the data radio or is it actually turning the system off and saving mty battery?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Sector7

Sector7 Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    I use the same app and it does turn if off as you notice the 3g icon on the top disappears and if you tried to surf on your browser, it says no data connection.

3. Noryb

Noryb Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Same app here and I have mine setup to automatically toggle between 3G and WiFi. Once it learns your WiFi networks that have been setup, then it will try them before it turns the 3G on. It has made a huge difference in my battery life.