• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile data button

bduemig

Sep 1, 2011
This may be a question as a general android question, but it is for my Commando so I will ask it here. I have installed Juice Defenders Mobile Data widget to my home screen to easily turn it off to save battery life. I have loaded others but they usually say that 2.2 will not allow secondary apps to turn data on and off. That warning does not come up with Juice Defender's widget.

When I press the button, it seems to do what it is supposed to do. But when I go to the Networks data in the settings, the Mobile data selection is still checked when Juice Degfender shows it on or off.

Here is my question: Is this button just giving me a false reading of the data radio or is it actually turning the system off and saving mty battery?:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones