• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Data Disabled?

WTF

Sep 11, 2010
Mile High City
Hi all,

I'm having a weird problem with data, specifically not being able to access it. I get the following screen after the phone has been on for 5-10 minutes:

Screenshot_Maxx.jpg

This just started a couple days ago, but I lose all access to data and have to restart the phone to get it back. I have unlimited data on a relatively new Razr Maxx running ICS. I'm not using a lot of data, just around 5 Gigs a month (at about 4 now and my usage has never been an issue).

Any thoughts? I've been trying to figure this out but no luck so far. There may be a very simple fix that I have overlooked but this is getting frustrating. The phone has worked great up till now...

Please help!:(

I had the same problem with no data limit set, only fix I found was to set a data limit something like 20gb as the warning level and it'll stop showing up.

Like you the message started showing up out of nowhere.

Yeah, my data limit button has never been checked. I'll try checking it and moving the limit way high...hopefully that will fix it. Weird that this just started happening out of nowhere...

Upvote 0
Update - followed festerw's advice and this seems to work (thanks!).

But I have no idea why this issue came up in the first place since I've never checked the limit setting since I got the phone - ugh! I like my Razr Maxx but wish I'd never installed ICS on the thing...there was never any problems with GB...

OK...rant over:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones