• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Data issues after Froyo HELP!

qwiktune

Feb 17, 2010
USA
Never had this issue on 2.1, i actually dont even think I had this issue earlier today but recently I've noticed my Fascinate will randomly drop mobile data. The 3G icon disappears [usually when I try and open the browser or an app that accesses data] and it wont work. The mobile data button shows like it is still connected but it isnt. After a minute or so the icon will reappear and everything will go back to normal until the next time it randomly disappears. Turning mobile data off/on and airplane mode off/on doesnt seem to make it come back and i've just pulling the battery..etc but no success. When the 3G is working my downloads seem slower than normal....could this be some kinda issue on verizons side with everyone trying to get the Froyo update. Please help as this basically ruins having a smart phone....

...also I get the D under the 3G icon here and there. It will stay in the status bar until I go to use something that uses the data and it will disappear then

This is really killing me, someone please help lol here has it goes

Phone has 3G icon gray with arrows then switches to D [still gray], i click something like a browser or Slack Radio it goes to connect and if its fast enough it does [icon changes to RED/GREEN arrows] but usually its a gray D, then the icon disappears completely. After about 60 seconds or so the icon reappears and I can continuing surfing the net/listen to music..etc. Then after about a song or 2 this happens all over again. Im in place with good reception and i just dont know what could be going on here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones