• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile data working less and less

Malsane

Lurker
May 19, 2019
Ever since I went to Japan for a holiday, the data has been working worse and worse. Some apps work fine (discord, chrome, maps) while others simply don't work (YouTube, Spotify, Pokemon go). No background stuff seem to work, I need to open the app to get updates (WhatsApp, slack).

No hibernation, weird battery saving modes, VPN or APN are set up.

What can I do?

Ps: unrooted and updated Oneplus 6

Was it international roaming in Japan, or were you using a SIM from a local carrier there? Apart from double checking the APN is set correctly for your carrier network. Can't really suggest anything else, apart from contacting your carrier customer service and enquiring with them.

I frequently travel internationally myself, had various phones, and have never had any problems like this. Using local SIMs and international roaming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones