• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile hotspot?? I've never used it. VZW

I'm on Verizon

OK, from what I can tell, there is no additional charge for me to use this. Does anyone know otherwise? I'm on the share everything plan, so I assume I'm fine so long as I don't go over our shared allowance, and we have tons of data leftover each month. *please tell me if anyone knows differently.

So I'm assuming when I turn it on, that then my phone becomes a wifi router, yes? So I could presumably use it with an ipod touch or an ipad wifi, right?

I'm confused about the allowed users and how I give permission, since I have not turned this on yet.

Can someone tell me how this all works, from start to finish.

Thanks!! :)

It shouldn't charge you anything extra, you just need to watch out about how much data you use.

Because everything you do on the iPod or iPad will go towards your data plan.

And when you turn it on there is an option below it to configure the settings for the wifi you can click that, name the hotspot, set a password, etc.

Then on the other device you just find the Wifi signal and connect, type a password if necessary and go!

Hope this helps.

Reactions: mistyinca
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones