• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile hotspot profile

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Hi. I need help with what I thought was a very simple profile but I cannot get it to fire.

I have Verizon mobile hotspot in my plan, works perfectly. I set up a profile as follows: context:app: mobile hotspot.
Then my task is simply to keep my data on.
When I enable my mobile hotspot the profile should recognize that mobile hotspot is running, but it won't activate the profile.
Anyone have any ideas?

Hi. I need help with what I thought was a very simple profile but I cannot get it to fire.

I have Verizon mobile hotspot in my plan, works perfectly. I set up a profile as follows: context:app: mobile hotspot.
Then my task is simply to keep my data on.
When I enable my mobile hotspot the profile should recognize that mobile hotspot is running, but it won't activate the profile.
Anyone have any ideas?

For a profile with an app context that app has to be open on the screen for the profile to be active. Even if the app is running in the background Tasker won't recognize it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones