• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mobsters rom overclocking

Akumin

Oct 2, 2012
Florida USA
So I cant find a clear answer I am rooted and running Midnight rom but this ****** EATS my battery! I hear mobsters is more "Fuel Efficient" i guess you can say. Can I use a kernel tuner like anthrax? I just wanna run 1.55 ghz just cause I play GTA 3 and it runs perfect at that setting.

Also mobsters is Android 4.04 unlike Midnight which is 4.03

anyone have a word on this?

So I cant find a clear answer I am rooted and running Midnight rom but this ****** EATS my battery! I hear mobsters is more "Fuel Efficient" i guess you can say. Can I use a kernel tuner like anthrax? I just wanna run 1.55 ghz just cause I play GTA 3 and it runs perfect at that setting.

Also mobsters is Android 4.04 unlike Midnight which is 4.03

anyone have a word on this?

I will say that Mobz is right, and the rom is pretty awesome with the kernel it comes with. That being said, I can confirm that you CAN use a kernel tuner with a different kernel (I think with the tuner, you might be able to change the governor of the default kernel, but not the clock speed). Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
IMO its not necessary I've never seen a lag on my Rom and trust me i play Graphic intensive games too

whats the clock settings on this rom stock? will it allow me to play GTA 3? Cause I noticed anything under 1.3 ghz it likes to chug on GTA 3 on midnight rom. 1.5 on midnight though the rom is as SMOOTH as butter!

Upvote 0
Power Kernel, the kernel that comes with Mobster ROM, runs at stock 1.2GHz. It runs amazingly smooth though, because unlike Anthrax and JMZ's overclock kernel it keeps both cores on all the time instead of letting 1 go to sleep. 1.2GHz true dual core > overclocked single core.

I dont Understand why people always think they need to overclock.
Banished is right

Upvote 0
Ya. Nothing wrong with overclocking. But it seems like people just want to do it cause it seems cool or something. I run a overclock kernel once in a while.just for a change. It seems like the only thing that is much faster is battery drain..

Hey didn't you say that you ran your phone with the performance governor somewhere around the forums ? lol. But anyway on mobster rom and mobster barebones I can probably run the phone at 600mhz and undervolt pretty low too. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones