• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD][MS870] CRT Screen Off Animation - Flashable

8a5y5u4y.jpg

This is the only bug I encountered while trying to push it. I rebooted and it works great.

Upvote 0
This is the only bug I encountered while trying to push it. I rebooted and it works great.
That has to be from all the other changes you have made in your theming.

The phone has the CRT animation built-in. All I did was turn it on, because by default, it is off. This mod wouldn't cause any adverse behavior of any sort.

Upvote 0
Can this be undone, without having to revert back to otb?? Say if I wanted to go back to the way it was.. I know sometimes when changing things like this the only way to get it back is to fully restore the device, or is it as simple as saving the old file and replacing the new one back with the old file if I didn't like the effect..

That's what I do. I saved the old file and then replaced it with the new one. If I want to go back to things the way it was, I would just copy back the original file I saved.

Reactions: OrKo
Upvote 0
Can this be undone, without having to revert back to otb?? Say if I wanted to go back to the way it was.. I know sometimes when changing things like this the only way to get it back is to fully restore the device, or is it as simple as saving the old file and replacing the new one back with the old file if I didn't like the effect..
You can just replace the framework-res.apk with the original to go back to stock settings.

Reactions: OrKo
Upvote 0
CRT Screen Off Animation

---Download the framework-res.apk
---Place it on your external sd card
---With root explorer or your favorite file manager, long press on it and select move.
---Then go to /system/framework and mount it as r/w and paste & replace the framework-res.apk
---Your phone will reboot on it's own, then go to the apk you pasted and change permissions to rw-r-r
---If you ever decide to go back to stock settings, just place back the original framework-res.apk

!Boom! Profit

Here's a video I shot of my Spirit with this mod...
LG Spirit 4G CRT Screen Off Animation - YouTube

Download:
framework-res.apk

If you like this mod, don't forget the thanks button.

Hey, Game Theory, how's it going. Nice job with the mod, looks much better than just a complete blackout. Do you mind if I post this and share it on my google+ community. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ovoxolexus
Upvote 0
Okay basically i do all the steps and when i reboot it nothing happens
I haven't experienced this problem. It works every time for me, so it would be hard to trouble shoot.

All I can do is suggest 2 possible solutions.

1. Download it again, and do all the steps all over. If the setting still doesn't apply, then boot into recovery and wipe cache only.

2. Possible other way...
--While in your external sd card, rename the modded apk to framework-res.apk.bak (just adding .bak at end)
--Then move it to /system/framework
--Now change its permissions to rw-r-r
--Now rename it back to framework-res.apk by deleting the .bak

This is all I can think of, which shouldn't be necessary since all I did was turn a setting from off to on in framework. Perhaps it's as simple as wiping cache in recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones