• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moisture Detected

twinster

Lurker
Oct 1, 2018
Hi, My phone had moisture detected problem without getting any wetness, I could not charge until i wouldnt restart it several times now the error disappear, rarely appears only, I am charging phone normally but PC doesn't recognize it. Has someone experienced that? or is there any way to fix it? or I have to change USB port?

Hi, My phone had moisture detected problem without getting any wetness, I could not charge until i wouldnt restart it several times now the error disappear, rarely appears only, I am charging phone normally but PC doesn't recognize it. Has someone experienced that? or is there any way to fix it? or I have to change USB port?
Hate to say it but this is a freak and generally unexpainable problem with the LG g6. This has been a huge problem. I dealt with this issue off and on for two months. What I can tell is eventually your going to do a factory reset or two to clear the issue. The only thing I can suggest beyond that is use a hair dryer to gently dry the USB port, turn the phone off remove your son card and use a hair dryer to gently dry the simple port, while I can't prove it I have a theory that the USB port detects humidity or coolness from air conditioners which triggers the issue. Eventually though the problem will go away

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones