• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help More battery issues

yehaww

Jun 30, 2011
This phone is just one problem after another. I was having battery issues a few months ago. The phone was just shutting off randomly. I took it back to the Verizon store and the guy said, "Wow, the battery is really hot. It shouldn't be that hot." I said, "Really? It always gets hot, sometimes when I'm not even doing anything with it." So he pulled the battery and said that it was "swollen". Like it was ready to explode or something. So he replaced the battery and it worked fine for a while, until recently when my battery life has started dropping. Now sometimes it will be at 70 or 80% and then a few minutes later I'm seeing a red battery and getting the low battery warning. It has also just started shutting down again, for no reason. Maybe another bad battery.

Is this something the rest of you are experiencing?

Last week while playing a game on my Charge it made a very loud cracking sound & then the phone said that my battery was not compatible w/ my phone. This is the same battery I have been using for over a year now, the Samsung one that came w/ the phone ( no after market brand ,original OEM Samsung 1600 mAh ). I did a battery pull & it said the same thing once again. So I just trashed that battery & put in the spare I got w/ my docking station & everything is back to normal. Anybody have any clue of what might have happened here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones