1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Most popular custom ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deisenaut, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Deisenaut

Deisenaut Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Hi - first post on here, had iphone till now - Samsung Galaxy S should be arriving tomorrow (o2 - ireland) - looks like they haven't released FroYo yet, anyway - have never modded, rooted or anything and wondering what advise people have for the most popular ROMs? Im looking for more rather than less, with live wallpaper, nice effects etc - quite like the look of Axura - is this good? Like I said, I don't have a clue so thanks!

Advertisement

2. D@n

D@n Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Well I don't really have much experience with prebuilt custom ROMS
    At the moment i'm running Froyo 2.2 JPO with a speedmod kernal (lagfix = voodoo).

I've heard good things about the cyanogen ROM which is now in it's 6th release (feel free to correct me anyone).

The best thing I'd say to go do - no idea if you used to JB iPhone and mod it but i'd go look around for some pretty decent 'how-to's' on Rooting, reflashing and modding just so you have more understanding of it.

A couple of places to start would be here, XDA -developers forum and Phandroid

3. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Head over to xda and check out the Ultimate (Where All 3 Meet Together) Rom by Webstar. It's one of the fastest/nicest roms i've ever seen. Just check it out and you'll see what I mean