• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most popular custom ROM?

Deisenaut

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
Hi - first post on here, had iphone till now - Samsung Galaxy S should be arriving tomorrow (o2 - ireland) - looks like they haven't released FroYo yet, anyway - have never modded, rooted or anything and wondering what advise people have for the most popular ROMs? Im looking for more rather than less, with live wallpaper, nice effects etc - quite like the look of Axura - is this good? Like I said, I don't have a clue so thanks!

Well I don't really have much experience with prebuilt custom ROMS
At the moment i'm running Froyo 2.2 JPO with a speedmod kernal (lagfix = voodoo).

I've heard good things about the cyanogen ROM which is now in it's 6th release (feel free to correct me anyone).

The best thing I'd say to go do - no idea if you used to JB iPhone and mod it but i'd go look around for some pretty decent 'how-to's' on Rooting, reflashing and modding just so you have more understanding of it.

A couple of places to start would be here, XDA -developers forum and Phandroid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones