• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most Stable ROM for LG Optimus Elite LG-VM696

jamoosh

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2010
Some time ago I abandoned the LG Optimus Elite for the Optimus V due to continued data connectivity problems. I was thinking of re-activating it on my account to see if the data connection is any better after some service upgrades in my area.
Currently it has flashed a version of CyanogenMod 9 -- 9-20130820-UNOFFICIAL -- Tue Aug 20 08:47:23 PDT 2013 -- m3s-userdebug 4.0.4 IMM76L eng.phenomx4.20130820.085449 test-keys. Additionally PRL Version is flashed to 61677. This ROM has some issues with the camera as well as some other problems.
I'm just curious what is the most stable ROM around for the Elite. Data connectivity, WIFI and camera are important.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

If you would take the time to look, you would see that you're on a VERY VERY outdated ROM. The camera works on that ROM as well as everything else almost now. You need to update. Or you can do a clean flash and install a jellybean Rom, or one of the Kitkat ROMs!! Phenomx has made just about every CyanogenMod ROM available now.

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
If you would take the time to look, you would see that you're on a VERY VERY outdated ROM. The camera works on that ROM as well as everything else almost now. You need to update. Or you can do a clean flash and install a jellybean Rom, or one of the Kitkat ROMs!! Phenomx has made just about every CyanogenMod ROM available now.

Thanks so much for your response--I skimmed through the forum thread without realizing that I was on an outdated version of the ROM. I don't use the phone for much, so don't keep up on the Elite forums as I used to.

I don't think I will activate the Elite on my plan, as I am not sure what I did with the nandroid backup files of the stock configuration, so have no activate APK.

It deems to be running smoother on the updated version, so far.

Thanks again for your response.

Upvote 0
Multithreaded cleanup completed. May I remind folks to use the report button (
report.gif
) if there is any issue in a thread that need attention instead of carrying on an argument. Life is easier for all involved.

Thank you.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones