• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto G 4G SD card?

sharingan_2

Nov 11, 2010
So I got a new 32GB SD hard for this phone only to find out that the 4G LTE model of the Moto G... Doesn't support this speed apparently. I got the Samsung Memory 32GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card without Adapter so that was a colossal waste of time and money.

So now I need to know, what 32GB or 16GB cards will actually function in this phone? Could someone link me to a few?

All help appreciated.

I insert it and on the task bar all it says is "The SD card has been removed. Insert another SD card".
I've re-inserted it countless times, rebooted the device, and people online have said it just flat out doesn't support it.

EDIT:
I've tried inserting it and mounting it, and all it says is "Blank SD Card. SD Card is blank or has unsupported file system".
I'm not entirely sure what to make of that, but my old 3 year old HTC Sensation can have the SD card inserted first time and just work.

Upvote 0
I insert it and on the task bar all it says is "The SD card has been removed. Insert another SD card".
I've re-inserted it countless times, rebooted the device, and people online have said it just flat out doesn't support it.

EDIT:
I've tried inserting it and mounting it, and all it says is "Blank SD Card. SD Card is blank or has unsupported file system".
I'm not entirely sure what to make of that, but my old 3 year old HTC Sensation can have the SD card inserted first time and just work.

I'd try reformatting the card in your computer, making sure you select FAT for the file system, then try it again.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, my phone started acting up, it became very laggy after putting a 32GB card. So I went back to my 16GB and everything is good again, back to normal. Not sure what's causing this but I'm pretty sure is the SD card, the reason I say that is because I bought two of the 32GB which I put one on the Moto G and the other one on my wife's LG Spirit and she went bananas when her phone started acting up. I switched the card and again everything went back to normal.

Upvote 0
I use this one and its fine.
samsung-plus-32gb-micro-sdhc-class-10-48mb-s-uhs-i-memory-card_zps178d3600.jpg

Upvote 0
Motor G 4G. 2 weeks old, SD card 16 GB 1 week old, vers 4.4.4, system worked fine for a week and then decided that there was no SD card installed, I took it back to the Meteor shop who unplugged the card and re-installed it, the system then ask to reformat the SD card, they did this and of course I lost all of my pictures but it is working again.
I don't like these faults that do not have an answer, will it happen again when I have a lot more pictures on the SD Card that may mean something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones