• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola E30 not compatible for app Chase

MET88

Lurker
Aug 30, 2022
Hi everyone,
I tried to install the app Chase on my new phone but it says the device is not compatible with this version
Is there something I can do to solve the issues? Any advice?
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220828-192856.png
    Screenshot_20220828-192856.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 144
Are you viewing that listing via a browser or the Play Store app? It looks like the Play Store app, but I'm a bit surprised if you can see it at all in that case, since that normally only shows apps that it thinks are compatible with the device (i.e. if you look for an app that isn't compatible you usually get no results at all).

Not knowing why it thinks it's incompatible it's impossible to say for sure whether there is anything you can do, but the answer is "probably not". It shouldn't be the android version (I've checked, and the app says it supports Android 8 and up), but that doesn't tell us what is wrong. You haven't rooted the phone or otherwise modified the system software? That will generally stop banking apps working, though I'd usually expect you to discover that when you tried to run it rather than when you tried to install it. If you have though you could try reflashing the phone completely back to stock firmware and see whether that solves it (at the price of giving up root, custom recovery, and any app that required root).

Otherwise the best I can suggest is that you contact the developer and see whether they have any ideas. It could be a mistake or oversight on their part, e.g. they just left your model off some list, in which case they would be able to fix it. But I'm not optimistic.

Upvote 0
Are you viewing that listing via a browser or the Play Store app? It looks like the Play Store app, but I'm a bit surprised if you can see it at all in that case, since that normally only shows apps that it thinks are compatible with the device (i.e. if you look for an app that isn't compatible you usually get no results at all).

Not knowing why it thinks it's incompatible it's impossible to say for sure whether there is anything you can do, but the answer is "probably not". It shouldn't be the android version (I've checked, and the app says it supports Android 8 and up), but that doesn't tell us what is wrong. You haven't rooted the phone or otherwise modified the system software? That will generally stop banking apps working, though I'd usually expect you to discover that when you tried to run it rather than when you tried to install it. If you have though you could try reflashing the phone completely back to stock firmware and see whether that solves it (at the price of giving up root, custom recovery, and any app that required root).

Otherwise the best I can suggest is that you contact the developer and see whether they have any ideas. It could be a mistake or oversight on their part, e.g. they just left your model off some list, in which case they would be able to fix it. But I'm not optimistic.

Thanks for your reply,
I'm going to double check the other criteria, like RAM.
I could see it in play store so I was surprised it wasn't compatible....
Thanks again for your support

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that when you're viewing apps in the Play Store it's not filtering only apps that will work on your phone, it's showing everything available. You do however get see a 'Not compatible...' message when you try to install an app that isn't. If you had multiple phones, it would show your which phones are and are not compatible. It's just a matter of scrolling down to read through the entire window that pops up when you select 'About this app >' to see all its features and specs.
But that aside, and this is just speculation, but that Chase UK app might not be compatible with your Moto E30 because it's running Android Go, a reduced-functionality, slimmed-down version of Android intended for devices with lower system resources. (... the E models are Motorola's economy line of lower and budget class phones.)
Moto E30
https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_e30-11199.php
Android Go
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Go
Chase UK
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chase.intl&hl=en
If it is a matter of your phone just being too limited, there's not much you're going to be able to do to use apps that require more system resources to function. The 11 version of Android Go is still relatively recent so there is that -- if this particular app is the only problem you've run into at this point than you just have to pass on using your phone to interact with your Chase bank account (or have you tried logging in to your account via a web browser app?). But if this is happening when trying to install other apps or some of your installed apps are occasionally sluggish, it's time to upgrade to a newer, more capable phone, one that just works as is. The smartphone market is still pretty active and dynamic, and very competitive, so finding viable, usable phones at reasonable prices is just matter of researching a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones