• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Motorola Silicone Case

faith4more

Feb 20, 2011
This is a very nice case. I am very picky about silicone. Some silicone is to slick and feels bad in hand. I found this silicone to be quite nice. I would compare it to the iskin revo2 for iphones as far as silicone feel goes. The revo2 is best silicone on market in my opinion.

I also like how it barely fits over the front edges although time will tell if stretching will be a problem.

I am very happy with it.

Reactions: marctronixx
I ordered this gel case and also a screen protector and wanted to know if the front lips of this will go over any screen protector ? I once had some cases where some cases weren't wide enough and kept lifting the screen protector so thats why i'm asking ! mine won't be here for a couple of days

Thanks in Advance !

This is a very nice case. I am very picky about silicone. Some silicone is to slick and feels bad in hand. I found this silicone to be quite nice. I would compare it to the iskin revo2 for iphones as far as silicone feel goes. The revo2 is best silicone on market in my opinion.

I also like how it barely fits over the front edges although time will tell if stretching will be a problem.

I am very happy with it.

Upvote 0
The Moto site calls it a "Gel Case", is it actually a harder Silicone? I have the Verizon Silicone Case for my Droid Incredible. I bought it in preparation for receiving my pre-ordered DInc. I had expected to replace it as more options came out, but after using it for a while, I grew to love it and have never replaced it. It's flexible enough to be easy to get on and off, hasn't stretched in the near 11 months of having it, and is slick enough to slide in/out of my pocket without pulling my pockets in-side-out.

Also, my phone on one occasion took a trip going roughly 40-50mph from a roller-coaster, bounced along metal safety netting, and did a number of cartwheels. My phone was unharmed and the case only showed minor scuffs along a couple of the corners.

Anyway, I guess I'm just wondering if this is the same sort of material. I have always hated the soft rubber ones that I had for my BB Pearl and BB Storm. They stretch and were a pain to get out of my pocket (not that I'll have my Xoom in my pocket too often ;)).

Upvote 0
the verizon one is the soft pliable version.

I'm sorry, I'm confused what you're referencing. The VZW Silicone case I got for my DInc is flexible, but still fairly rigid, unlike my previous "Rubber" cases that will bend over if held out in front of you without being supported.

Is the case for the Xoom that more rigid and slick silicone, or more of the flimsy and grippy rubber?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones