• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola's Terms and Conditions

rockstar323

Nov 23, 2009
I'm sorry, this is sort of a long post so please bear with me.

Has anyone read the terms and conditions from Motorola when trying to add non Google accounts? I was trying to add my facebook account so I could sync my contacts. There are 2 icons, one from the facebook app, which it seems Moto blocks you from syncing, and theirs that require you to accept the terms and conditions before you add it. So I checked out the conditions which say that you authorize them to collect pretty much all your information including address, DOB, and "payment card information". It also authorizes them to pretty much give your information to anyone they want. In the outline of who they share it with it says "other third-parties with whom Motorola has a business relationship. So basically anyone that pays them for your information would constitute a business relationship. The scariest part is they say they may transmit that data to other countries that may not have data privacy laws.

I'm not trying to bash Moto or anything I just figure that most people just click the check box and accept the terms without reading it and wanted to get this out there. I for one didn't accept it, I'll just wait to add other accounts until there is a ASOP ROM that isn't controlled by Motorola.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones