• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving my SD card from my S2 to my S3

Redmau5

Lurker
Dec 30, 2014
Hi, I recently got an S3 and when I tried to move my 32GB San Disk SD card from my S2 to my S3 it isn't loading any of the apps or pics that I had stored to it. When I check the S3's storage, the SD card is displaying 13GB available storage out of 30, so the apps and photos etc. are obviously still on there, but yet they won't load to my phone.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to load the apps, photos etc. from the SD card to my new phone?

Hi, I recently got an S3 and when I tried to move my 32GB San Disk SD card from my S2 to my S3 it isn't loading any of the apps or pics that I had stored to it. When I check the S3's storage, the SD card is displaying 13GB available storage out of 30, so the apps and photos etc. are obviously still on there, but yet they won't load to my phone.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to load the apps, photos etc. from the SD card to my new phone?
Your images should still show up but the apps would need to be reinstalled

Upvote 0
get a good file explorer like es file explorer and make sure the pics are in the right folder. Thats it. your s3 is on a different version of android and the file path is different. should be in storage/ext sdcard/dcim. If you have differnt file path to pics, just move them. Your apps of course have to be re installed. The apps are not on sdcard, only the data is. The apps are in Data/apps.

Reactions: javamann and mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones