• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moving Video to iPad (!@#@#! Apple people)

So Apple, being the unfeeling, "we are better than everyone else" company that they are won't support common video formats other than their own .mp4 and .mov (and maybe one ore two more). I want to easily move video from my Thunderbolt to my iPad. This can be done easily with pictures through Bump, but not video. Sooooo......

1. Is there a video app that lets you directly take video on the Android phone into one of the supported formats (so you don't have to convert)?

2. If not, what is the best app for converting video on my phone itself so I don't have to do the extra step of downloading it to my computer first. And when I say best, price is a huge factor (i.e. if it is free and works, that's gravy).

Thanks all!

FYI, I did a general search of this and it seems like all the hits were about playing .mp4 on an Android phone.

2. If not, what is the best app for converting video on my phone itself so I don't have to do the extra step of downloading it to my computer first. And when I say best, price is a huge factor (i.e. if it is free and works, that's gravy).

Doesn't iTunes do this? And seeing how you have to load it through iTunes, anyways...

Upvote 0
But you can't get iTunes on Android phones? I am trying to bypass having to go to my PC as a middleman.

Thanks

I didn't think iDevices allowed that. I thought iDevices required everything to go through iTunes. Even the iCloud requires you upload the stuff through iTunes. Which is one of the reasons iRefuse to get an iDevice.

But I am fairly sure that you have to go through iTunes, regardless if the video started on an Android device or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones