1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Moving Video to iPad (!@#@#! Apple people)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by chrisdroidman, Nov 10, 2011.

1. chrisdroidman

chrisdroidman Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    So Apple, being the unfeeling, "we are better than everyone else" company that they are won't support common video formats other than their own .mp4 and .mov (and maybe one ore two more). I want to easily move video from my Thunderbolt to my iPad. This can be done easily with pictures through Bump, but not video. Sooooo......

1. Is there a video app that lets you directly take video on the Android phone into one of the supported formats (so you don't have to convert)?

2. If not, what is the best app for converting video on my phone itself so I don't have to do the extra step of downloading it to my computer first. And when I say best, price is a huge factor (i.e. if it is free and works, that's gravy).

Thanks all!

FYI, I did a general search of this and it seems like all the hits were about playing .mp4 on an Android phone.

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Doesn't iTunes do this? And seeing how you have to load it through iTunes, anyways...

3. chrisdroidman

chrisdroidman Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    But you can't get iTunes on Android phones? I am trying to bypass having to go to my PC as a middleman.

Thanks

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I didn't think iDevices allowed that. I thought iDevices required everything to go through iTunes. Even the iCloud requires you upload the stuff through iTunes. Which is one of the reasons iRefuse to get an iDevice.

But I am fairly sure that you have to go through iTunes, regardless if the video started on an Android device or not.

5. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 29, 2011
    AVplayerHD plays most formats under the sun, and 720p mkvs flawlessly on the iPad 2. Have to access the file structure via iTunes though, where it's drag and drop. Dunno if this answers your slightly confusing question though :)