• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help .mp4 video file from Android smartphone default camera and its matching

a good man

Lurker
Jun 3, 2015
I wonder if we can match an .mp4 video file from Android smartphone default camera to smartphone model name and its kernel version. I found that the mp4 container format was a little different between some models in terms of the presence of certain box(atom) names. But still, I can't make any one-to-one correspondence between the video file and its source smartphone model name and kernel version. I found that all smartphone use the h.264 codec for encoding video and wonder whether there is any difference of h.264 version. But h.264 codec profile and level was all the same as I found. How can I do the matching, Do I have to analyze each frame in the video file in detail? I used some tools to look into each frames of the video file but couldn't find any special helping factor ㅜㅜ Is there anybody who can tell me more criteria for the matching work?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones