• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MT dual boot

dual booting would be beast on the triumph actually do any one know if any android phone with a custom rom be dual booted, cause i haven't hard about dual booting on any android phone. i had dual boot on my htc touch pro 2 where i had wm 6 and android running on it. if someone could attempt to make dual booting possible that would be great running cm7 and cm9 without having to flash and reflash again.

Upvote 0
dual booting would be beast on the triumph actually do any one know if any android phone with a custom rom be dual booted, cause i haven't hard about dual booting on any android phone. i had dual boot on my htc touch pro 2 where i had wm 6 and android running on it. if someone could attempt to make dual booting possible that would be great running cm7 and cm9 without having to flash and reflash again.

I can boot between 5 different roms if I want on my MT4GS using boot manager. But the MT sadly doesn't have boot manager support otherwise it would be able to boot into different roms without having to wiping anything. They were working on getting support, but I guess the MT's bootloader isn't completely unlocked.

Upvote 0
I can boot between 5 different roms if I want on my MT4GS using boot manager. But the MT sadly doesn't have boot manager support otherwise it would be able to boot into different roms without having to wiping anything. They were working on getting support, but I guess the MT's bootloader isn't completely unlocked.

damn 5 that's love right there. yea i downloaded the lite version to see how it was when i hit the setup phone it says failed to backup boot.img. i messaged them to see what it means or what can i do. i didn't try to install a rom yet. what to make sure i can backup my boot.img

Upvote 0
damn 5 that's love right there. yea i downloaded the lite version to see how it was when i hit the setup phone it says failed to backup boot.img. i messaged them to see what it means or what can i do. i didn't try to install a rom yet. what to make sure i can backup my boot.img

There should be a setup screen where you have to input all the right info for it to even work relatively well (for unsupported devices at least), i'm not sure what all would even be needed to put in for the MT to begin to work. And also if it did work you would need a relatively large sdcard because each slot takes around 2gb...

Upvote 0
There should be a setup screen where you have to input all the right info for it to even work relatively well (for unsupported devices at least), i'm not sure what all would even be needed to put in for the MT to begin to work. And also if it did work you would need a relatively large sdcard because each slot takes around 2gb...

i just was checking around in boot manager settings and i went to manually set variables and it says only use this if your device device was not detected. but when i click it, it already had my current setting already inputted. so does that mean my device is compatible or did it just know what phone im using. i see you said i need to have around 2gb i check my memory only have 1.5gb i have a 16gb overall going to delete some stuff and try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones