• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multi-touch keyboard "full stop" lock-up

I use the multi-touch keyboard option rather than "swype", but today it seems to have developed a problem.

About 50% of the time when I press the full stop button the keyboard locks up completely, and the only way I can get out of it is by pressing the home button, waiting for a while until the home screen re-appears behind the keyboard (the keyboard just locks into it's position and doesn't move) and selecting the swype option in the settings. This clears it off.

This first started happening on Go SMS, but it also happens on the normal messaging app and the notepad app suggesting it's probably an issue with the multi-touch keyboard option.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have a solution at all?

Just to let everyone know, I've fixed this. Manage Applications > Multi-touch keyboard > Clear Data and Force Stop.

Next time you open a text message, or anything that kicks the keyboard back to life, it take about half a second to load the keyboard and the issue is fixed. (You will have to redo your personal settings e.g. if you had the "tap tap" or the haptic feedback off, it will revert to the default "on" after the above).

Sorry to waste anyone's time who looked at this, but I didn't realise that the multi-touch keyboard was an app in itself - I thought it was just a process otherwise I would have done this first.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones