• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone locks up. UGH!

Out of the blue, my phone recently started locking up, just freezing, everything stops--even the clock. Sometimes, long-pressing the power button for awhile will bring it back to life, but I usually end up having to reboot it....which is something I'm not used to. :eek:

It's my Motorola One Hyper running Android 11; its most recent security patch is dated May 1, 2021. IIRC, that's around the time this locking-up thing started, but I could be wrong.

Any ideas? I barely use the phone these days--I'm on a nice, big laptop with a 17.3" screen and a full-sized keyboard all day--so it's not a huge problem, but when I *do* need to do something, and it's frozen, it's pretty annoying.

hmmmm have you tried putting the phone in safe mode?
You would ask me that! :D

No, actually I have not done that....hadn't even thought about it yet. That's because I'm using the phone so little, and these random freezing-up events are so sporadic, they haven't bothered me enough to think about troubleshooting. Other than posting here. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You would ask me that! :D

No, actually I have not done that....hadn't even thought about it yet. That's because I'm using the phone so little, and these random freezing-up events are so sporadic, they haven't bothered me enough to think about troubleshooting. Other than posting here. :)
i just did ask you that.....LOL

why don't you factory reset the thing....problem solved:thinking::p:D

Upvote 0
I was wondering where the old Moto Help app had gone to on my E6 Plus. Its now called Device Help and it's still there on mine. It may be of no use but could lead to online support, I think.

I did a search earlier and the Motorola and Lenovo support forums had nothing similar, just start up freezing.

(My older E6 Plus is on 1 June patch btw)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones