• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multi-touch Verizon Droid X Keyboard on Sprint HTC Hero?

LBPHeretic

Android Expert
May 29, 2010
Wilmington, Delaware
I just read that the multi-touch keyboard from the Verizon Motorola Droid X can be installed on any Android handset using Android 2.1. This keyboard, unlike most keyboards, allows you to press more than one key at once. I was wondering if anyone has tried to install the .apk on their Sprint HTC Hero yet? If you have installed it, please let us know how it is working for you.

I read the article here: Droid X’s Sexy Software Keyboard Ripped Out, Now Available For All Phones | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Yeah I know, it says its for 2.1 devices, it probably wasn't designed to work around sense ui though is my bet. And for the record, shapewriter/swype sucketh anus.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

It does work around the Sense UI because in the video the person is demonstrating the keyboard using a Verizon HTC Droid Incredible. It is also unrooted.

I am hoping that xda-developers will tweak the keyboard so that it works on my Sprint HTC Hero. Also, it would be nice if the haptic feedback worked too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones