• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multimedia Dock for Droid

I bought my docking station online on Saturday and received it on Tuesday via Fed Ex. My local store was out of them and when I called Verizon, they said there were none in stock. I got online and started changing the zip code for ordering and when I plugged in Chicago, the dock showed up. I ordered it, changed to my correct address at checkout and the sale went through. I think others were able to do the same thing using a zip code from Utah, so check around.

That is a VERY creative solution! I will have to try that whenever something I want to buy is out of stock! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I returned my Moto Droid, but still have the multimedia dock. Anyone interested. Will sell below cost. I only used it once to charge the Droid. Still have the box. let me know

I was wondering why you returned the Droid? I have the moto Droid and just got my fiance the Eris. Both work great, but think I prefer the speediness of the Droid.

Upvote 0
I also stopped into my verizon store only yo find no docks. When I do find them I plan on buying 2 home docks. One for home and one for car. I am going to line the usb from the dock into the back of my headunit. I will bend up an aluminum bracket to mount the dock in car below radio. Should charge and pull audio from the phone. I know it won't send pandora or podcasts through, that's what bluetooth is for. Has anybody done this?

Upvote 0
I ordered a dock and a car mount from VZW.com on Thursday (21157 zip) and they came to my house on Friday. Overnight! Sweet. I must say the car mount is nice, but I find that the multimedia dock is kind of "cheap". The Droid leans way too far back, and you really have to push the Droid down into the dock for it to connect into the micro USB for charging. It also takes 2 hands for me to get it out of the dock easily.

My dock for my Storm was much better built, and easier to use. I never thought I would say something positive about anything having to do with that POS Storm, but that was one aspect I liked better.

Anywho, overall I am satisfied with the dock and car mount. The car mount really sticks to the windshield, which is nice, and it also came with an adhesive disk if you want to mount it to the dash. Pretty nice touches.

Upvote 0
I couldn't find the multimedia dock on verizon's website so I called Verizon customer service. Seems you have to ask for the multimedia STATION or they don't know what you are asking for. I was able to order mine even though it can't be found online at all. Got a 25% discount because of where I work and free overnight shipping to boot. Sweet! Ordered two multimedia STATIONS and the car dock. I am all set now.

Upvote 0
I couldn't find the multimedia dock on verizon's website so I called Verizon customer service. Seems you have to ask for the multimedia STATION or they don't know what you are asking for. I was able to order mine even though it can't be found online at all. Got a 25% discount because of where I work and free overnight shipping to boot. Sweet! Ordered two multimedia STATIONS and the car dock. I am all set now.
It is listed online. For some reason, it just isn't listed under motorola devices. If you do a search for docking cradles for the droid, it will be there.

Upvote 0
It is listed online. For some reason, it just isn't listed under motorola devices. If you do a search for docking cradles for the droid, it will be there.

Sorry, my mistake. They weren't out there when I ordered mine. I looked under every category possible. The sales rep didn't find the dock either at first. Guess their inventory is finally catching up. A good thing don't you think?

Upvote 0
I called a local store last week to see if they had any MM docks in stock. They did not, but the guy said they had not received their shipment that day, and asked if I wanted him to call me to let me know if they got any in. I said sure. And he actually called me! They didn't get any in, but he offered to order me one. Got to me in two days.

I ordered the car dock online, and used a 20% off code, I think it was "ACC20". I'm not sure if that's the correct code, or if it's still valid, but saving some bucks is a good thing!

Upvote 0
Update from me. I just got online and logged into my verizon. Went to my phone and then accessories and found the multimedia station there. I bought 2 with free overnight shipping and used promo code chr15 for 15% off chargers which was another $9 off! I'm a happy camper!

I didn't see the point of the car dock at all since it doesn't charge. Ill put up a thread of my car integration when I'm done.

Upvote 0
I walked in my local store on friday night and bought the complete bundle of accesories with no problem. They were even nice enough to give me a huge discount for buying the dock, screen protectors, car mount and Body Glove armor. I love my DROID. What I cannot find is a local source for Body Guardz, as the Body Glove armor does not work with the dock...

Upvote 0
I couldn't find a decent dock anywhere. For the last month I've searched online as well as all my local stores. Sporadic finds of the Motorola Multimedia dock is all I could find. But I wanted more than just a black plastic case. I decided to take matters into my own hands, and came up with what you see here. All who have seen it told me I should start selling them - so I am! ;) You can find them here:
MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (OAK) NEW! - eBay (item 140367442273 end time Dec-23-09 14:32:34 PST)

I'm not sure about most people - but I appreciate having a dock that compliments my furniture. I find it difficult to believe that with the millions of phones such as the Droid and iPhone no large company has offered something like this before. I hope I can make at least a few people smile with these!

mike

Mike that is an awesome cradle. I like it a lot. Good luck I hope you sell a million. I might take one if i sell my extra media dock and need something for the desk. The other one is going in my car! :)

Upvote 0
I couldn't find a decent dock anywhere. For the last month I've searched online as well as all my local stores. Sporadic finds of the Motorola Multimedia dock is all I could find. But I wanted more than just a black plastic case. I decided to take matters into my own hands, and came up with what you see here. All who have seen it told me I should start selling them - so I am! ;) You can find them here:
MOTOROLA DROID MULTIMEDIA DOCK MIKRADLE (OAK) NEW! - eBay (item 140367442273 end time Dec-23-09 14:32:34 PST)

I'm not sure about most people - but I appreciate having a dock that compliments my furniture. I find it difficult to believe that with the millions of phones such as the Droid and iPhone no large company has offered something like this before. I hope I can make at least a few people smile with these!

mike

Awesome Job Man!!

Upvote 0
BucYouUp, did you check Verizon Wireless's web site for the multimedia dock? Just a few days ago, they had it available plus they were giving free overnight delivery and 20% off if you input the coupon code shown up above in an earlier post (can't recall the entire code, but I think it began with ACC). Good luck.

Gary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones