• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple accounts on Google mini/nest hub

stuarta

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2011
What's the best way to setup Google mini speakers and Nest Hub when you have multiple users?

I think I've set them up to my Google account and have a custom routine for 'Good night' on the mini speaker. When I speak to it, it works fine, but if my wife talks to it, it plays the default.

Also I've noticed on the Hub, if I talk to it, it shows my profile icon but not if the wife talks to it. I'm not sure if I need to setup the voice match, add her as an account, or configure them both on a joint Google account that we have.

I don't think I've ever linked my account to my Home devices. I guess that's why it works for anyone who talks to them.
OT: Do you say Thank you when they get it right?
how do you control your devices then? you need to at least have google home installed which means you have to have at least one account set up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones