• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple exchange accounts

alillowr

Apr 13, 2010
I was wondering if the evo supports mutiple exchange accounts. I have a coworker that has a stock nexus one and he is able to add multple xchange accounts effortlessly.

I know that there are alternative solutions like touchdown and roadsync but why would a stock nexus one be able to and we are not. I would rather not have to install a 3rd party app to get the same experience.

Is this a limitation of our version of android or did htc take this out?

The following link works fine if you were setting up the first exchange account, but not a second.

After one exchange account is setup, when you get to the part to choose the type of account and pick exchange, it just tries to just edit the account that is already there instead giving the option to add a new one.

I appreciate the link but it seems that you were just going by the article and haven't actually tried it. (I would've thought the same).

Does anyone that have tried to setup more than one exchange account been succesful?

I am afraid that it just won't work. Which is dissapointing considering another android device (Nexus One) works without a hitch.

Upvote 0
I am just about positive it is not possible to run multiple Exchange accounts natively in 2.1 - EVO or any Android phone. Never seen it posted anywhere - and I searched extensively when I bought the EVO. Are you sure he did not set up additional POP or IMAP accounts? You can do that on the EVO within the native mail app but only one Exchange account. I bought Touchdown and it works well. I like the fact that both of my Exchange accounts are completely separate - I have two jobs and do not want to get anything confused!

Upvote 0
I am just about positive it is not possible to run multiple Exchange accounts natively in 2.1 - EVO or any Android phone. Never seen it posted anywhere - and I searched extensively when I bought the EVO. Are you sure he did not set up additional POP or IMAP accounts? You can do that on the EVO within the native mail app but only one Exchange account. I bought Touchdown and it works well. I like the fact that both of my Exchange accounts are completely separate - I have two jobs and do not want to get anything confused!

I am 98% sure that it was a true that he has additional exchange accounts natively on his stock nexus one. I know because he has multiple businesses that all use exchange and no imap or pop.. also because when I told him I can only add one he thought I was being dumb and was showing me step by step how I could add one, (only problem was, it didn't work the same on the evo). I also know that it was on his nexus one wasn't rooted or anything because he mentioned that he didn't want to root because he was afraid of the unkown and didn't want to break his nexus one ( he's not the tinkering type if it isn't mainstream).

He and I both are just baffled on why my "flagship" phone doesn't have the same ability.

My guess is something with sense UI (only thing I can think of being different softwarewise). I assume he is on 2.1 because he keeps mentioning that he can't wait for froyo.

Anyone with a spare nexus one and multiple exchange able to verify? it is getting to me and i don't know why.. I am just absolutely stubborn to have to use touchdown or any other third party app when it should be there natively.. so it seems.

Upvote 0
I'm also not able to set up "Multiple Exchange" account on HTC EVO. I'm still looking for a way to do this natively without having to install another app.
I currently have one exchange account set up via native active sync and it works flawlessly. I really wish and hope that I can add another exchange account.
A friend of mine has motorolla droid and he is able to add multiple exchange account on a single phone.

Upvote 0
Well its been a few months and we now have froyo but still no native multiple exchange account ability on this phone? what else is different from the other mail apk?

does the mail apk from xda site loose any features or look any different on this phone? Would I have a problem with my native mail program if I decide to go that route?

Upvote 0
I was just investigating if I can do this on my HTC Droid Eris and I came up with the same conclusion.. that it isn't possible without other apps or hacks.

I have a personal exchange server that I sync with.. but am investigating the options/hangups, etc... for using it for corporate mail as well.. at this point, I guess it might not be an option???

Do I have to get off of HTC? Does the Droid X or 2 allow multiple mail accounts?

Upvote 0
I'm also not able to set up "Multiple Exchange" account on HTC EVO. I'm still looking for a way to do this natively without having to install another app.
I currently have one exchange account set up via native active sync and it works flawlessly. I really wish and hope that I can add another exchange account.
A friend of mine has motorolla droid and he is able to add multiple exchange account on a single phone.

The stock app on the HTC EVO will allow you to add the account. The only issues I have is the inability to sync the contacts from the second account. This is how I did it.

"Mail"->"More"->"new account" -> "manual setup" select the "Imap" protocol. Enter info as requested.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones