• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple 'Hotmail' Calendars to choose from on my Galaxy S4 Android phone

Dazvanman

Lurker
Dec 17, 2013
Hi all,

A little feedback required if possible regarding the sync'ing of calendar entries on 'S Planner' of my new Samsung Galaxy S4.

When I want to add an entry on a particular day of S Planner, I touch the + in the top right hand corner of the screen and then select a calendar.

My S4 offers me the following -

My calendar (default in blue)
Holidays (in pink)

THEN

My calendar (Hotmail)
Home (Hotmail)
Daryl (Hotmail) - my name
Work (Hotmail)

I understand that the top two default calendars which only allow me to input entries onto the phone locally and do not sync with anything else.
I've also figured out that if I select 'My Calendar (Hotmail)' it will indeed sync with my S Planner and my Hotmail account on my computer.

My question is -
What is the need/purpose for Home (Hotmail) and Work (Hotmail) as these two calendars don't seem to sync with my computer if selected? Yes they appear on my S Planner in red and orange respectively but not on my computer calendar.

Hope Ive explained this correctly? * I also appreciate Hotmail has now changed to Outlook.

Many thanks - help appreciated as this is really eating away at me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones