• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Multiple Roms

Anyone know if bootmanager works on the M835?
I'm DL'ing now to start testing, was wondering if anyone has any experiences with it.

EDIT: Just thought of something, doubt anyone has tried it before since we JUST got a working ROM...anyway bootmanager doesn't work off the bat, I'm futsing around with it a bit, I'll post the results of the trials soon.

Hi, I installed ROM manager on my M835 and was able to flash the Ascend ClockWorkMod recovery image with no problems. Did a backup of the MetroPCS ROM, partioned my SD card with an EXT partition so I could copy over the CM7 ROM install file and then did a complete wipe, finally installed the zip file. Had no issues. Been working great, battery life easily 5x better than it was out of the box and it's operating a lot faster than with the stock ROM.

Not sure if your question about Bootmanager is the same product as ROM Manager, but just wanted to share my experience with you. This is my 1st Android set and my first time messign with custom ROMs and such, I just made sure to do my HW 1st.

Upvote 0
Hi, I installed ROM manager on my M835 and was able to flash the Ascend ClockWorkMod recovery image with no problems. Did a backup of the MetroPCS ROM, partioned my SD card with an EXT partition so I could copy over the CM7 ROM install file and then did a complete wipe, finally installed the zip file. Had no issues. Been working great, battery life easily 5x better than it was out of the box and it's operating a lot faster than with the stock ROM.

Not sure if your question about Bootmanager is the same product as ROM Manager, but just wanted to share my experience with you. This is my 1st Android set and my first time messign with custom ROMs and such, I just made sure to do my HW 1st.
Boot Manager allows booting of multiple ROMs on the same phone much like dualbooting on a PC. A much useless option IMO on a phone, but hey different strokes for different folks lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones