1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Multiple Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leolupin, Sep 14, 2011.

1. leolupin

leolupin Newbie
    None

Anyone know if bootmanager works on the M835?
    I'm DL'ing now to start testing, was wondering if anyone has any experiences with it.

EDIT: Just thought of something, doubt anyone has tried it before since we JUST got a working ROM...anyway bootmanager doesn't work off the bat, I'm futsing around with it a bit, I'll post the results of the trials soon.

Advertisement

2. Apocalypz

Apocalypz Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    IT
    NYC
    Hi, I installed ROM manager on my M835 and was able to flash the Ascend ClockWorkMod recovery image with no problems. Did a backup of the MetroPCS ROM, partioned my SD card with an EXT partition so I could copy over the CM7 ROM install file and then did a complete wipe, finally installed the zip file. Had no issues. Been working great, battery life easily 5x better than it was out of the box and it's operating a lot faster than with the stock ROM.

Not sure if your question about Bootmanager is the same product as ROM Manager, but just wanted to share my experience with you. This is my 1st Android set and my first time messign with custom ROMs and such, I just made sure to do my HW 1st.

3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Male
    Web Design and Hosting/PC Repair
    NW Georgia
    Boot Manager allows booting of multiple ROMs on the same phone much like dualbooting on a PC. A much useless option IMO on a phone, but hey different strokes for different folks lol

4. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Really, multiboot is pointless on such an under powered device.
    If you really want though, you can make backups of any rom you installed and go back to it later.

5. leolupin

leolupin Newbie
    None

Yeah the easiest thing I've figured out to do is just keep backups and flash back and forth for testing purposes. This phone isn't really tough enough to handle multiple boot options.

Tags: