• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music files disappear on phone!

Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the correct section:

I recently broke my iPod and decided to get my LG Optimus GT540 a 32GB SD card.

I've managed to "consolidate" my iTunes library and have started copy and pasting folders across.

However, when I place the Micro SD card back in the phone some Artists just don't appear, and when I reinsert the card into the computer and check the contents the folders are gone!

Please advise!

Thanks

Pete

Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the correct section:

I recently broke my iPod and decided to get my LG Optimus GT540 a 32GB SD card.

I've managed to "consolidate" my iTunes library and have started copy and pasting folders across.

However, when I place the Micro SD card back in the phone some Artists just don't appear, and when I reinsert the card into the computer and check the contents the folders are gone!

Please advise!

Thanks

Pete
First test if the card is not fake.
Use this program on PC: Download H2testw - Test hacked flash memory - MyMPx
Did you buy it from a trusted dealer?

Upvote 0
No this is brought from ebay. I am beginning to worry that this is a fake as the "Sandisk" logo is wearing off already and the plastic seems to be very cheap.

I got this on thursday. Do you think I can ask ebay to get me a refund?

Have downloaded the testing software you linked to. Thanks, will report back when testing finishes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones