• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player advice

Richard-SSV

Apr 11, 2011
I'm in need of a new music player. Basically, I'm looking for one with similar features as an ipod. The main things I want out of a player are:

- resumes playback at the exact point where I left off. I listen to a lot of audio books/podcasts and need to pick up where I left off in the middle of a chapter.

- the interface needs to be big and simple so I can easily navigate the player while I drive.

- it needs to have eq settings.

I have tried the following players and while some have some of the features I want, none have all of the features. The most important feature to me is resuming playback where I left off. If I am missing something in the settings on the players I've used, please let me know. Here are the players I have used:

HTC stock player
Power amp
Winamp
Google music beta
Mixzing

Have you considered using a separate podcast app? That's how I do it, using winamp and doggcatcher, a podcast amp.

It downloads and manages podcasts (obviously), but also allows you to create 'virtual feeds', which are essentially podcasts generated from a folder on the sdcard rather than downloading files from the internet. So you could stick your audiobook files in virtual feeds and play them that way. It does remember your position within a track too. It doesn't have EQ settings though, as far as I'm aware.

That way you could pick your favourite of the music players with an EQ.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the Pro Player trial version and I can say that out of all of the players I've tried so far this one sounds the best out of all of them! The other players just never had that "full" stereo sound that my iphone had. The Pro Player hits the mark.

So far I like the interface and the lock screen widget. It also seems to start a song where I left off. Perhaps that will change after a period of time? I'll have to wait and see. So far, so good.

Thanks for the Tip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones