• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music player occasional backwards skipping weirdness...

Has anyone else noticed that the stock music player occassionally jumps from the song being played to about halfway through the song that was just previously played?
This has happened to me everyday this past week on my drive home. At first I thought it may have been a corrupted downloaded file (I use the Ubuntu One service), but most of the time the songs play fine. Then I thought possibly that it was because the Ubuntu One app was running in the background (as it is also a player maybe there was a conflict?), but ending it and even playing the music player without ever having opened UO (and ending its process at startup) doesn't help...
I saw some people talking about this in the Inspire forums but their symptoms were slightly different.

This has happened to me. It only seems to happen when I have the phone in the car dock, but then that's when I listen to music once. I use the music app (added a button on the car app) and suspect the car app music player may be a different instance but try to integrate and cause the issue. At one point it happened right as I went to the car dock's music app while music was playing.

I usually just advance to the next track but it's good to know I'm not the only one with the issue.

Edit: This has been happening since long before 4.1.83 or it's predecessor.

Upvote 0
I have had it happen outside the car dock but while plugged into the charger... but it is definitely much more common in the car dock.
As a side note though, the car dock music player seems atrocious. It doesn't use playlists (that I can tell) and only shows me less than a quarter of my music library when I skip ahead before it repeats...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones