• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music player skippy/laggy?

nomnompie

Mar 29, 2010
Not sure if anybody has this issue. I have a telus HTC hero and when I am in the music player, whether it be the stock player or not, if I let music play in the background, then lock/unlock the phone or if it sits with the screen on and then locks by itself, the music will skip or "cut out" for a half second and then continue. I don't remember youtube reviews of the phone music player showing this happening. Anybody else have this issue or does your music play smoothly regardless of locking/unlocking?

I have a similar issue on my Sprint Hero with the stock player - there's a "skip" in the first couple of seconds of a song when it starts to play.

I have not noticed the issue with locking/unlocking, though. Instead, my unlock pattern screen is just really slow and usually takes two tries.

For the skipping issue, the Cubed player fixed that for me. But it doesn't have full bluetooth control - just volume, no skip/repeat/pause.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I forgot I get that too, when the song switches to a different track sometimes it cuts in and out the first couple of seconds. Annoying when I have my phone hooked up to the AUX in my car.

I'll see if Cubed makes a difference, so far MixZing does the same thing as the stock player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones