• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player

yahoowizard

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
There were a lot of songs I accidentally deleted from the default music player, and though it's somewhere on my phone's SD storage, I can't find where it exactly is. I'm looking to sort of re-mediascan for the music files so it restores everything I temporarily deleted from the music player, if there's any way to do it other than opening that specific file again from My Files.

As far as I know, you don't add music directly to a specific media player. Simply by putting a music file anywhere onto the device, the system should read it as such and it should register it as a music file. So my guess is that you deleted it off of the SD card itself, otherwise, the app would detect it; which would also explain why you're unable to find it manually.

But incase I'm talking out my rear end, do this:

1. Connect your phone to your PC, mount the storage
2. Navigate to the SD card in Windows Explorer
3. In the search box type "*.mp3" (or whatever file extension your music is). Or if you know exactly the name of some of the songs you're looking for, type that instead of the asterisk.
4. If nothing comes up, then the files are not present anywhere on the card. If the search function does find them, then you're right and they are somehow being hidden from the music player and I have no idea how to remedy that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones