• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music skips when screen is off!!

I hard reset my device 2 weeks ago. Since then, I haven't had a problem. However, I have been using the stock app to play my music. I have also used Pandora and Xiia Pro for streaming and so far so good. I have not installed Power Amp. I will continue to only use those 3 apps for a while to see if I have the problem again.

Upvote 0
I just bought a Note 2 and am having this problem. It is incredibly frustrating to spend so much on a phone that doesn't even function as a music player! Music doesn't skip when the screen is on, but for a variety of reasons that's not a tenable workaround. Has anyone found a solution? My phone is stock, not rooted, using the stock music player, the music is stored on the external SD card.

Upvote 0
I just bought a Note 2 and am having this problem. It is incredibly frustrating to spend so much on a phone that doesn't even function as a music player! Music doesn't skip when the screen is on, but for a variety of reasons that's not a tenable workaround. Has anyone found a solution? My phone is stock, not rooted, using the stock music player, the music is stored on the external SD card.

Do you have any other music apps installed?

I haven't had an issue since I did a hard reset a month ago. I honestly think that PowerAmp was my issue because that's the only app I haven't reinstalled. I'm using the stock music app now and I've had no problems. I'm still using Pandora, Songza, and Xiia Live Pro with no skips.

Reactions: tonetwo
Upvote 0
Do you have any other music apps installed?

I haven't had an issue since I did a hard reset a month ago. I honestly think that PowerAmp was my issue because that's the only app I haven't reinstalled. I'm using the stock music app now and I've had no problems. I'm still using Pandora, Songza, and Xiia Live Pro with no skips.

Thanks for your reply. I haven't installed any other music apps at all. The only other music apps I have are the players that came preinstalled - AllShare Play, Music Hub, and Google Play Music. I'm not opposed to downloading a different player if that might help; just wanted to give the stock player a chance first.

Upvote 0
When you plug in your headphones there is a new home screen that comes up for your music. The "ear phones" screen. Go to that screen. Select (and hold) to drag each widget in that screen and remove it until the screen is empty. Now go to the gear icon at the top right of the screen and disable the earphones screen. If you play music with an app with an EQ, it will still skip but much less. If you use the stock music app, at least in my case, the skipping is completely gone!

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones