• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help music track duplication

eirehead

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I got my X8 just before Christmas. I just upgraded to a 16GB mini SD card which was working fine until yesterday. Previously I've been transferring music to it by connected the USB cable and dumping tracks in the music folder.

Yesterday I wanted to transfer a lot of music at once so I dumped all of the folders of albums from my hard drive into the music folder. It asked me if I wanted to replace the folders (albums) that were already in there and I said no, hoping it would just transfer the new stuff.

Anyway, now the music reader on the phone is reading every track and album as being there twice. I tried emptying the phone's music folder (including emptying the trash on my hard drive and switching the phone off). The music player then showed no music but when I transferred the music back on, it shows up again as being there twice.

It still works, it's just annoying. Anybody know what I can do?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones