1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support music track duplication

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eirehead, Jan 27, 2011.

1. eirehead

eirehead New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Hi guys,

I got my X8 just before Christmas. I just upgraded to a 16GB mini SD card which was working fine until yesterday. Previously I've been transferring music to it by connected the USB cable and dumping tracks in the music folder.

Yesterday I wanted to transfer a lot of music at once so I dumped all of the folders of albums from my hard drive into the music folder. It asked me if I wanted to replace the folders (albums) that were already in there and I said no, hoping it would just transfer the new stuff.

Anyway, now the music reader on the phone is reading every track and album as being there twice. I tried emptying the phone's music folder (including emptying the trash on my hard drive and switching the phone off). The music player then showed no music but when I transferred the music back on, it shows up again as being there twice.

It still works, it's just annoying. Anybody know what I can do?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The only thing I can think of is Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, then if you are on 2.1 press Menu again and Filter>All, then scroll down to Music Player and clear data and see if that gets rid of the duplicates.