• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

music transfer?

slang7777

Lurker
Sep 12, 2011
I have an issue that I hope someone may be able to help me with. I just bought a 32gb memory card for my HTC Evo (not 3d or shift)but for some reason I can not get my music library to transfer to the card. I have tried the Isync app, another app called itunes agent, I've tried to copy the files to my phone, I even tried to just drag and drop the files from my external hard drive to my phone. Each way that I have tried has taken about 5 hours to complete, and everything looks fine until I unplug the phone from the computer, after I unplug the phone it shows that I only ended up with 350 songs out of my total 5,343 songs. What am I doing wrong or what am I just not doing to get this to work? Before anyone answers, I have to say that yes I did have my phone set up in the disk drive mode, yes I did format the card, yes I did check under the unknown artist section in the music player, yes I have transfered music files before on the stock 8gb card just fine. I'm sure there are other things I have done but I can't remember them. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you may have a faulty/fake SD card.

Some of the fake cards haven't actually got anywhere near the capacity as advertised.

Where did you buy your SD card from? Ebay is full of fakes.

I was about to ask exactly the same thing.

I had exactly the same problem, it was only after this that i found out there are so many fakes.
I will never buy anohter memory card from eBay again! The cheapest i have seen a legit 32gb card for is about 70GBP.

Upvote 0
I guess that might be my problem then, it was either Amazon or Ebay that I got it from. I didn't realize there were fakes. So tell me then, would anyone know anything about Kingston sd cards because that is what I bought. And one last question, does anyone know what brands of sd cards (32gb) are legit?

Upvote 0
I guess that might be my problem then, it was either Amazon or Ebay that I got it from. I didn't realize there were fakes. So tell me then, would anyone know anything about Kingston sd cards because that is what I bought. And one last question, does anyone know what brands of sd cards (32gb) are legit?

Ebay is full of fakes, if you bought it from Amazon Marketplace there's a whole load of fakes aswell.

Kingston is a genuine brand, the fakes however will imitate the brand which in turn trick people into thinking they're genuine, think of fake designer clothes, there’s no difference here they're just imitating the brand with a sub par product.

Just try to buy from a reputable seller, I.E direct from Amazon etc.

Edit: Btw if you want to test your current SD card just to make sure it's a fake you may wish to try this program

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones