• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MX 3 Set Up Help

def-g

Lurker
Jun 16, 2010
Good day all. When I try to set up this box on my older tv using rca cables. The picture keeps scrooling up. Like vertical hold is messed up. And shows no color. I've hooked it up to my HDMI and changed the settings to 480p. Still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your TV is NTSC and the box is sending out PAL video by the sounds of things, especially given that there's no colour, as well as the rolling. I've never tried to use one of these things with analogue video before. Is there anything in the settings about switching PAL or NTSC video?
Think you should be looking for NTSC, 480i, 60Hz for the USA. Is it an old CRT television you're trying to use? Because otherwise I'd say use HDMI, because the video quality is much better than composite analogue via RCA cables.

Given that it's a cheapo thing from China, which uses PAL, there's a chance it was never tested with NTSC or it's incapable of that mode. Most of the times they're connected up with HDMI, and so PAL or NTSC doesn't matter.

FWIW and AFAIK, up until digital, most TVs in North America were NTSC only, whereas in Europe and most of Asia they tended towards dual-mode or multi-mode video capable, PAL, NTSC or SECAM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones