1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My app for forums is glitching

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Lynxsdmforever, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Lynxsdmforever

I try to pull up the app (and have been trying for the last 30 mins. It just keeps stopping every time I touch a thread. Currently using the web based side.....

Help.

Stormie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Works here so it doesn't seem to be a global problem.
    I'd suggest going into application settings and clearing cache and data for the app, you will of course have to log in again after deleting the data. Hopefully that will clear things up for you.

Lynxsdmforever likes this.
  3. Lynxsdmforever

Rock on, doing that next ill update ya

4. Lynxsdmforever

And I'm up, using the app to type this!!! Could the 'night mode' be causing that issue?

5. Lynxsdmforever

And I lost it again. Im trying to type in the search bar and its just lagging behind keypresses. Imma uninstall/re-install.

Omg.
    Stormie

6. Must be something specific to your device, I'm on the app now and in the dark theme.

7. If the problem persists, you can try sending a trouble report using the support tab in settings. Not sure if you'll get a response though, the dev has been absent from the forums lately.

8. Lynxsdmforever

Fox Mulder
    If the problem persists, you can try sending a trouble report using the support tab in settings. Not sure if you'll get a response though, the dev has been absent from the forums lately.

Okay, think I may have it. Phone even seems a little faster typing. I've been downloading different apps trying to clear extra crap off my phone. Most bloatware is disabled. I just been playing around with cleaners.... CCleaner is okay. But its been lagging my keyboard.... Seems good now.
    Stormie

Edited for stupid keyboard non-autocorrect lmao

9. tube517 likes this.
  10. Lynxsdmforever

I've actually 'Reddit' on reddit. Lmao. I used one of the more 'trusted' because it cleared out all the empty folders on my SD Card. And helped me clear off 3GB off my 16G internal. But I know they go bye-bye. And my ram is running 1.2 out of 2 instead of 1.8 *nerdy happy dance*
    Stormie

11. "Trusted" is a relative term. There have been major brand phones with pre-installed Cheetah Mobile apps which are known to send your data to China.
    As for RAM, Android does not handle it the same as Windows does so the thinking that "more free RAM is better" doesn't apply here. This is explained in the links I posted and also elsewhere.

12. Lynxsdmforever

Okay. Well my app is definitely working hella better now. I've heard they was bad. And in 3 hours that's what i have over 24 hours it's still at 1.8 for ram. And im okay with that. 
    Thanks for all your awesome help!!

Stormie

13. Good to hear, hope it keeps working.

Forums

Forums Forum

com.tapatalk.androidforumscom

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs