• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Contacts Storage doubled in size without me doing a thing.

ludist210

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2009
Birmingham, Alabama
Very odd, but on Saturday, my phone game me the "almost out of space" icon on the top of the screen. I checked which apps were hogging the most space, and Contacts Storage was number one at 27 megabytes, twice the amount that it typically sits at.

So I turned of all of my syncs, deleted my contacts, and went back into my syncs to enable them all again, but then I noticed that Facebook was listed twice. I'm assuming this was because of the new Facebook update.

Did this happen to anyone else? Any theories?

I experienced the exact same thing.

I had to unlink (de-link?) my Facebook account and clear my contacts cache to fix it.

I think the issue comes from the update to Facebook 1.3 or whatever the current version is. I'm working with various combos of Facebook, Facebook for HTC Sync, etc. to see what works without eating up my memory (it jumped to 35mb after the app update).

Upvote 0
You might want to go into the facebook app and hit menu>settings and look in sync contacts. If that's set to sync all contacts it will pull all friends from facebook and add them. This happens when the info from facebook doesn't match what's in your phones contact list so the facebook app thinks it needs to create a new contact for the same people you already have in there

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones