• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My HTC ONE M8 keeps rebooting to bootloader screen

rezinxprem

Lurker
Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone, Good Morning!!

I rooted my device(OS- android MARSHMALLOW) last night following the instructions from http://www.howtorootphone.com/2016/06/root-marshmallow-based-htc-one-m8.html

But I did something different on the part Method to Root HTC One M8.
There they said to install m8-mm-su-boot.zip and SuperSU.zip by putting command into Fastboot Driver. But i could not get through it. So I did it from recovery mode. From this moment, no matter how many times I reboot, it just keeps rebooting into bootloader mode.

I tried -
  1. reboot from FASTBOOT Mode
  2. Cache & Dalvik Cache delete from RECOVERY mode.
  3. FACTORY RESET from HBOOT mode.
But so far - Unsuccessful ! Please help.

Attachments

• viber image.jpg
    viber image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 215

I rooted my device(OS- android MARSHMALLOW) last night following the instructions from http://www.howtorootphone.com/2016/06/root-marshmallow-based-htc-one-m8.html

There they said to install m8-mm-su-boot.zip and SuperSU.zip by putting command into Fastboot Driver. But i could not get through it. So I did it from recovery mode. From this moment, no matter how many times I reboot, it just keeps rebooting into bootloader mode.

I tried -

• reboot from FASTBOOT Mode
    • Cache & Dalvik Cache delete from RECOVERY mode.
    • FACTORY RESET from HBOOT mode.

Hello,
That's a common issue. The reason for that is not a proper installation. I would go back to the very beginning and start from scratch and follow step by step what's written of how to do it. If it doesn't work, please get back to us here sharing exactly what you dod step by step and we will try to help you!

Best Regards

Upvote 0

I tried -
  1. reboot from FASTBOOT Mode
  2. Cache & Dalvik Cache delete from RECOVERY mode.
  3. FACTORY RESET from HBOOT mode.

You didn't install the software properly and it's booting to the only thing that's left.

What was on your device prior to root? I'd like to know so we can recreate what went wrong. I an an m8 owner too...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones