• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My lg optimus is stuck in safe mode

Welcome to the AndroidForums, Blueme078.

I've answered a couple of Intro posts in the past couple of days about safe-mode...the answer I've usually been giving is that safe-mode is usually entered by a simultaneous keypress of at least two keys / buttons (power and menu for example) and that a common cause for being stuck in safe-mode is key/button stuck in the in or on position.

I'm guessing that some remaining water could also be making a key make / retain contact... Have you fully dried-out the phone by doing something like removing the battery and then storing the phone in a sealed container of dry rice for a day or two? Usually the water itself is not what kills a phone, but the minerals and other contaniments that are carried by the water.

Anyway, make sure the phone is fully dried-out and that you don't have a button/key stuck in the on-position.

Good luck and I hope you get this issue resolved.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones