• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my mini dachsund puppy=my incredible=bad day

Currently have two of them. They're not capable of jealousy. You're anthropomorphizing.

No I am not anthropomorphizing, as humans we have intelligent thought and great perception combined with superior analytical capabilities (part of survival you know).

What about the struggle for status amongst wolves? Would you consider that a form of jealousy when they struggle for levels of power and status? Would you consider those primitive emotions?

I don't think you are giving animals enough credit.

Upvote 0
I watch the video and notice your doxie looking up at the camera at times. To me it is like she is saying - "Please make him stop". Either that or she is wondering how much trouble she would be in if she actually responded.

In a way they remind me of my ferrets. The youngest (a boy) is always wanting to play, while the two others (girls) usually want to be left alone. He will keep pestering them until

1. They give in
2. They go hide
3. My daughter walks by - then he pesters her to no end.:D

Upvote 0
No I am not anthropomorphizing, as humans we have intelligent thought and great perception combined with superior analytical capabilities (part of survival you know).

What about the struggle for status amongst wolves? Would you consider that a form of jealousy when they struggle for levels of power and status? Would you consider those primitive emotions?

I don't think you are giving animals enough credit.

Not at all. With wolves (and dogs for that matter) it's about resources and survival. The wolf wants a higher social status within his/her pack because it entitles them to more resources (food, territory, mates, etc.....) this gives said animal a better chance for survival. Dogs think the same way. We think the dog is jealous when in fact he's simply resource guarding. The resource in the case of "jealousy" may simply be affection or attention. The dog values that resource, sees that that resources as valuable to his/her survival (primitive man was probably not likely to feed dogs it was not fond of) and thus guards said resource as a survival thing.

Upvote 0
No offense, but I am not as sure as this was a fun fight as much as Piglet wanted to play some Barry White and get funky ;)

Cute video, none the less :)

i was thinking the same thing.. its all fun and games till hes beating the crap out of her and getting his jollies at the same time haha

YouTube - VIDEO0008

hes such a ham.... (cue the price is right loser sound now please... )

Upvote 0
quit being a douche man. it was the first time she EVER got on the couch. and i didnt think she was able to seeing how her legs are like 2 in long. must less for my phone fyi i love my dog too. shes a good dog generally. minus the sibling rivalry haha

My mini sleeps on the back of the leather couch - never has touched the Dinc, but did eat part of the couch once!

Upvote 0
All dachsunds have an attitude.... I knew this girl who had one. The dog was always nice to me when she was not around... would sit on the couch with me and lay on its back and let me pet her.. The second her owner walked in the room it would jump down and start barking at me and going crazy like I had just broke in the house... Lol..

Upvote 0
Just a warning...i had a friend whose sister got a cute "mini pig" for in the house...it ended up in their horse barn and weighing about 300lbs! I have heard that there are no true "mini" lines in any pigs its just luck of the draw as to whether they stay small or not!

Funny vid either way...the dogs like really? This efn porkchop on the hoof is gonna get it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones