• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My N7 is charging considerably slower than it used too..a little help plz?

dportal2006

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2011
So about a month ago i updated the N7 to 4.1.2. I rarely get my N7 past 50% on any given day. But over the last week i have been using the N7 quite a bit and noticed it is taking forever to charge. The other day i had used it all the way down to 13% and it took 12 hours to charge fully. I was using my cell phone charger and decided to blame it at that. But yesterday i used it all the way down to 20% and left it overnight charging with the ASUS charger that came with the tablet and i wake up and it is charging but it is only at 75%.

Now i need to know because there is no way that is normal. My battery life has actually been pretty good and i am very happy with it but these charging problems have to stop or else i'm calling ASUS.

charging slow will increase battery life, maybe the new version anticipates nighttime charging and charges slowly to extend battery life more. I have not seen any difference in how quickly it charges but I pretty much leave it plugged in all the time unless I go out and take it with me. But only reaching 75 percent doesn't sound right, you might want to check how many background apps are running and turn off ones you don't need.

Upvote 0
So far, I don't notice any difference in charging time after 4.1.2 possibly something else in play? Have you tried a factory reset?

Honestly I been very hesitant of doing a factory reset simply because it is a pain in the butt having to set up everything just the way I like it. But if this problem persists I just might have to bite the bullet and do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
Honestly I been very hesitant of doing a factory reset simply because it is a pain in the butt having to set up everything just the way I like it. But if this problem persists I just might have to bite the bullet and do a factory reset.

Do a nandroid backup, then factory reset, then a nandroid restore. No problem, everything is back the way you want.

Before that though, are you using the usb cable that came with your charger? I have a bunch of those and if I use one different from the one that came with the ASUS charger, I notice a difference also. Usually not much. Try using a 1.5a wall charger, that's not a USB type. 2a is better as that is what ASUS supplies, but my HTC 1.5a wall charger for my phone works well, although it does take a little longer to get to 100% it's not as long as you say it's taking you.

Upvote 0

I feel you! As many from the rooting world know, in place (dirty) flashes may work fine, but sometimes for reasons unknown do not. The general fix is always a clean wipe (factory reset) of the device. Even without a full backup (which sometimes can bring back the issue a wipe is suppose to remove), it's not so bad anymore. As long as you're syncing everything with the Google in the sky, restore amounts to installing a few apps and moving a few icons/widgets around and a little configuring here and there. Often, it's an opportunity to change your setup for the better. Though I'm resisting rooting and flashing on the N7 side, I'm a flashaholic (sometimes 2-3 times a week) with my phones and have been dating back to the winmo days. With my phone, I'll do dirty flashes if applicable for a couple of months, then do a clean install (not restoring from back up) even if there's no issue at hand. I've found it helps me avoid a stale experience and forces full re install of all apps which can prevent nagging seemingly unexplained errors in the future. One word of caution, if you play a game often and want to keep your progress? Backup and restore!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones