• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone automatically sends SMS to random number with some numeric code

Hi Guys,

I need an urgent help from you guys, I was just going through my sms app and I see that there is a number that I am not aware of and my phone is sending it some random numeric codes. Initially I blocked that number when I first saw it both on truecaller and on my phone but again I see that the same has been happening.

Now I am really scared that someone has been trying to hack my phone. I am also regularly my phone with the latest updates. Kindly help me I am really scared about the same.

Also, attached the screenshot for the same, hope it helps!!
Screenshot_20180126-202926.jpg
Screenshot_20180126-203613.jpg

I'd go as far as to say what apps have you installed in the week or so before this started, irrespective of where you installed them from? And do you have any apps installed other than your SMS app which can send SMS? There are legitimate reasons for other apps to have this ability, but it might narrow down the list of suspects. There are apps out there that can show you which apps have which permissions (several security apps, plus things like Addons Detector).

That number does show up in quite a few complaints about unsolicited calls in India. I found one person who thought it was linked to something called BHIM, but only one so I cannot say whether they were right or not.

Upvote 0
Did you get the phone directly from oneplus... Or did someone else sell it to you?

Have you rooted your phone?

Are you using a third party rom?

Do you install apps from anywhere apart from the Google Play Store?

Yes, his phone was bought from Amazon in india as it was the only seller at that time. And no the phone has not been rooted and Ive only installed apps from the play store.

Upvote 0
Hi, My mobile has been sending random messages to the same number. There were three messages sent from my device. First two were plain numbers of length 13 (first one starting with 3 and second one with 4) but the third one was alpha numeric and seemed like a hash digest. Not really sure if my mobile is infected with malware. Additionally, three messages were sent to this number 9664555555 and this time all of them seemed like hash digests. I will try resetting my mobile but I am curious as to learn what exactly happened to my mobile. Please let me know if anyone has handled this situation in a better way. Thanks in advance.

P.S. mine is a one plus 6 mobile and I have not rooted my mobile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones